Missing an entry in web.config

May 28, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Edited May 28, 2008 at 6:02 PM
The tool is very useful. Thanks for your efforts.
I followed your instructions and everything in web.config was populated except the safe control registration for System.web.extensions

example:
<SafeControl Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

This has to be in place for the 
<asp:ScriptManager> tag to work.

Without the safe control registration, SPD complains that the control is not safely registered.

Is it possible for you to release the code (or) publish the updated binary?

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2008 at 5:37 AM
This was caused becuase I was using the SafeControl[@Namepsace="System.Web.UI"] as the name for this entry.  I've changed this to use the Assembly attribute of the SafeControl for the Extension now, and have updated the code and wsp accordingly.
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:14 AM

Hi, can you please check the bug fix, or it might be a related new bug. I have run the upgrade script for the wsp released in September, when i run the removeajax command it removes the first entry from the web.config that contains 'Namespace="System.Web.UI"'. In most case the web.config entry that gets removed is

<SafeControl Assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" AllowRemoteDesigner="True" />

which causes the site to fall over. I think it should be removing the 

<SafeControl Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

entry instead.

Thanks.